Tuesday, January 14, 2014

25pts Steamroller Tournamnet



Well... that didn't go so quite as planned. For some reason *cough* I was hungover by the time the tournament started. Multiple bad plays and some poor dice rolls really did it for me. I didn't know what to expect but there were a lot of good players at the tournamnet. I'll give you just a quick recap of my four games.

Game 1 - vs Reznik (Menoth)

A Reznik list with a Reckoner and a Vanquisher with some standard Menoth support units. The only unit he played was Flame Guards with the UA. The scenario was Close Quarter and I played with my Rask list. I used my feat early to not get shot down by his jacks, the following turn he sent in some Flame Guards to jam my Gatormen. My Wrastler got the charge on the Reckoner and killed it without using all of its Fury. The following turn the Vanquisher killed my Wrastler and the Flame Guards got some insane dicerolls and killed all of my Gatormen. Couldn't do much rest of the game and Reznik got the charge on Rask and killed him.

Game 2 - vs eVayl (Legion)Stupid tier list with 3 heavy beasts, two Angelius and a Ravagore. I played with Baranabus and I almost won the game. It became a slugfest in the middle of the board and he only had an Angel with 4-5 boxes left and the Spawning-pot-thingy. In the end he made a last atempt to kill Barnabas with a summoned Stinger. He got a realy spike in the damage roll and killed him outright(!).

Game 3 - vs Clanadra (Trolls)

Never played against this caster before. Earthborn, Stormtroll, Pyg Burrowers and some strong solos. I chose to play with Rask this time again. Was a pretty one sided game. The Burrowers made more than 60% of their Tough rolls. I couldn't prevent him from getting the charge and killing my beasts and gators one by one.

Game 4 - vs Gorten (Mercs)

Not a Seaforged list. He played with Gorten, Driller, Forge Guards, Thor, ATGM and a Mule. I played with Barnabus just to be able to hide in the swamp pits. The only reason I won the game was due to a miss play by him. Me moved Gorten to the flank, away from his main force, which let me use Barnabus feat and knock down his entire army and kill most of it in one turn.



Conclusion

Don't play when this hungover kids. Some real advice would be practice, practice and practice. I haven't played in quite a while and almost everything I faced felt like something I've never encounterd before. Hopefully this next Journeyman League will help me get in shape with Cygnar once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment