Thursday, February 6, 2014

Constance Blaize list building

 
So my next project for Cygnar will be the unloved Swan - Constance Blaize. I'm getting a bit sick and tired of always "having" to play with Stormwall in every list I make. Blaize seems to be one of the few casters who can run a pretty high model count of troops and just her Gallant in the battlegroup. There's been a thread on PP's forum where people have been playing her with quite a high succses rate, and I want to jump on that bandwagon.

The list I've got so far looks something like this;

Constance Blaize, Knights of the Prophet (*6pts)
* Gallant (9pts)
Precursor Knights (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Precursor Knight Officer & Standard (2pts)
Sword Knights (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
* Firefly (5pts)
* Sword Knight Officer & Standard (2pts)
Archduke Alain Runewood (3pts)
Captain Arlan Strangewayes (2pts)
Harlan Versh (2pts)
Journeyman Warcaster (3pts)
My options from this point is either to try the Nyss Hunter with Jonas Murdoch for some shananigans. Assault, Dig In, Crusaders Call and the effect of Connies feat. According to the thread on the forums this a pretty solid tactic that can suprise a lot of players. The Nyss Hunters can get insane threat range with the help of Crusaders Call and Assault.

The other option I've got is to try the Silverline Stormguards and Stormblades. With the help from the Captain, Runewood and Rhupert they can become a solid line and perhaps let me make full use of the Stormblades.

The only "problem" is that I don't own either the Nyss Hunter or the Stormguards and I don't really want to spend money on both units before I played with them. I will try and get some games this weekend and proxy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment