Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Two battle reports from "NorrCup"

Trolls, trolls everywhere

So I recently played 2 of the 3 games in the league "NorrCup". My first opponent was a Trollkin player and the second one was against Menoth. I couldn't take that many pictures since we were using my cell phone as a chess clock. So this will just be a short recap of what I remember.

In the game against Trolls I played my Siege list, he played a eMadrak list that looked like this:

Madrak Ironhide, World Ender (*5pts)
* Slag Troll (6pts)
* Storm Troll (5pts)
* Troll Impaler (5pts)
* Trollkin Runebearer (2pts)
Krielstone Bearer and 5 Stone Scribes (4pts)
* Krielstone Stone Scribe Elder (1pts)
Pyg Burrowers (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Trollkin Fennblades (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Trollkin Fennblade Officer & Drummer (2pts)
Trollkin Warders (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)
Fell Caller Hero (3pts)
Janissa Stonetide (3pts)
Stone Scribe Chronicler (2pts)

We rolled for a random Steamroller 2014 scenario and got "Incursion". My opponent won the roll and wanted to go second and get a chance to choose table edge instead. I guess he didn't want a forest and a building blocking his huge force from advancing. The game was however very one sided.

We both pretty much ran everything the first turn. The second turn his Burrowers came up and with the help of Madraks feat they did some good damage to the Stormwall and locked him in combat. On my following turn I tried my best to kill as many Trolls as possible, but he made well over 60% of his tough rolls, which prevented me from moving forward with pretty much everything. The following turns he just wrecked my entire army. I failed with every tough roll on the Boomhowlers, and he wrecked my Stormwall with some insanely high dice rolls.

There wasn't much I could do after that. I tried to see if I could perhaps find a slim chance to assassinate Madrak since Siege was unharmed and unengaged, but with only two shots and Madrak sitting on 2 transfers I just conceded after thinking about it for at least 15 minutes.

My second game was against Menoth and this list with eFeora.

Feora, Protector of the Flame  (*6pts)
*Redeemer (6pts)
*Reckoner (8pts)
*Reckoner (8pts)
*Vanquisher (8pts)
*Hierophant (2pts)
Choir of Menoth (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt (4pts)
Temple Flameguard (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
*Temple Flameguard Officer & Standard (2pts)
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution (3pts)
Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan (2pts)
The Wrack (3 wracks) (1pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)

This time I went for my eHaley list since I knew my opponent have had a hard time playing against her. The scenario this time was "Process of Elimination". Once again I lost the staring roll and my opponent choose to go first which in turn gave me the table edge with a hill to hide on.

First turn started with things running forward. Stormwall did however get within range of a Reckoner and did some good damage to it. During the second turn things started to catch fire and both Blazers and Black 13th lost a few members, but nothing critical. On my second turn a used my feat with Haley and prevented him from getting any charges done. Haley dominated the Vanquisher and blocked a Reckoner from doing much that turn. Stormwall tried to get some damage on Feora but only managed to cause 2 boxes of damage. Third turn Menoth couldn't do much, but he destroyed one of the objectives to score a point.

On my third turn Storwall charged two of his jacks but some poor dice rolls left the Vanquisher standing. Tempest Blazers tried to move down the left flank and put some pressure on his army but I forgot to contest the zone. So instead I had to place my Stormstrider in the zone in a perfect charge lane for his remaining Reckoner. I did however score 2 points since I dominated to right zone with Haley this turn.

Fourth turn came and with the left zone hardly contested he went for some "free" control points. Reckoner charged the Stormstrider, but he forgot about the knock back and left the Stormstrider standing. Redeemer got Haley on fire and he moved as many models as he could into the right zone to contest for points. With the Stormstrider still standing he charged with Feora and killed it to remove my last model from that zone and to score 2 more points.

I saw to possible scenarios. Either I could kill Feora with the Stormwall or I could try and dominate the right zone and destroy the objective. Killing Feora seemed to be the safe bet, so I went for that play. With 4 focus and Temporal Acceleration it was only with the last attack that I did the necessary damage to win the game.

One loss and one win. My remaining opponent is playing Cryx with eLich and eDenny. Since only two players will continue to the playoff I really must win that game.

No comments:

Post a Comment